Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Color me confused

I guess I don't get it. In fact, I know I don't get it. I don't understand how one person can view similar situations and come up with totally different reactions.

President Bush has recently been doing a lot of praising of Ariel Sharon and his pull-out from Gaza. He calls it part of the roadmap to peace. This "peace," of course, is being gained by giving in to the demands of the Hamas terrorists and unilaterally pulling out. Notice that Hamas and the Palestinians have made no promises about their actions toward Israel. Surely, if Bush is sincere in his position that giving into terrorist demands will bring peace, he will now pull U.S. troops out of the Middle-East to achieve peace there, right?

No, no, Grasshopper. You don't understand. Giving in to terrorist demands that we leave Iraq will significantly weaken the United States.

So, let me get this straight.

If Israel pulls out of Gaza in response to terrorist demands, that's a good thing.

If the United States pulls out of Iraq in response to terrorist demands, that's a bad thing.

I don't get it. My head hurts. Color me confused.

1 Comments:

At 23:21, Blogger Dave Peyton said...

Good point, Rex. Keep 'em coming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home