Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Ohio License Plates

Like many residents of WV counties which border Ohio, I resent the Hell out of people who live in WV but register their cars in Ohio to avoid: (a) taxes; (b) annual inspections; and (c) proof of insurance. It is, obviously, difficult to tell who is a legitmate Ohio driver and wo is one of the cheaters.

But I've noticed something which should give pause to those who do cheat.

It appears that putting an Ohio license plate on a car immediately turns the driver into an idiot.

Yesterday, I made a trip to Scott Depot to see a doctor. I saw numerous cars with Ohio plates, as you always do when traveling the Interstate. 90 percent of these cars committed one or more illegal acts. Not one of them gave a turn signal when changing lanes on the Interstate or while turning in town. I was damned near run off the road by one (in a Cadillac, which is a whole different story [I sometimes think Cadillac owners belong to their own special circle of Hell]) who had to be doing at least 100 mph in a 55 zone and who swerved across lanes of traffic without regard to other cars. I got behind several of them driving in the fast lane at 50 mph in a 70 mph zone.

Please notice that I am not blaming Ohio drivers for this..... it just seems to be a function of the license plate, regardless of where the driver lives. If I were running the State of Ohio, I'd be seriously thinking about trying to change the situation to make it less attractive for WV residents to tag their cars in Ohio... it is ruining their reputation.

1 Comments:

At 19:44, Blogger Senihele said...

Yes! I hate driving in front of a car with Ohio tags. They'll run you over!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home